- What are the rules I have to follow on the road while riding?
Cycling as any other means of transport needs to have rules to keep you safe. This is important because knowing what is expected of you will give you more clearance of what you need and following the rules will save you from trouble. For instance:
- Bikes should be headed the same way as the traffic. This will help prevent accidents in case a fast moving car comes from the opposite road, there are high chances of collisions. Only those above 12 years are encouraged to ride on the sidewalks.
- You should ride on marked bike lanes and paths if they are available.
- In many areas, bikes are not allowed to use highways or expressways, this is due to the high speeding cars which can get into accidents if a small mistake occurs.
- Always ensure you are very careful when riding with children. Children are always exploring new things and that may be dangerous while on the road. You can also avoid riding with very small children.
- Do I really need to have safety gears when riding?
Absolutely. Safety gears are very important in a cyclist life as they help prevent more accidents.
- You should always have your helmet on when riding. This will help protect your head incase an accident occurs.
- Not any shoes. Since you will be pedaling lot, you may need shoes that are comfortable and will not leave your foot sore after long rides. Most preferable low soled and no-open toe shoes.
- Reflectors on the front and back of the bicycle to make you more visible to other road users
- Good pair of brakes will save you a lot in places most crowded or sloppy area. You will be able to control your bike and stop with ease.
- Why is cycling so important?
From recent research, cycling has been found to have a wide range of benefits. Riding frequently will leave you refreshed and healthy. Embracing cycling means you will have fun and enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Improved heart rate
- Immune system boosting
- Burning calorie and reducing weight
- Full body workout
All these benefits make the rides be full of fun. They have all been proven to be correct by different researchers and doctors.
- What is cyclocross?
It is a sport mostly held during winter in Europe.
It combines both off-road and on-road cycling with more emphasis on skillful bike handling. Most of the sessions take 30- 45 minutes.
Most of the races are held on 1 to 3 km courses. Mostly done on all terrain. Be it tarmac, flat surfaces, muddy areas, dirt and rough.
There are man-made barriers and obstructs that may require the cyclist dismount and remount. This requires you to run and carry your bike on your shoulder. Am sure you may need a nice pair of shoes for easy movement in the mud.
Since most of the terrain is rough, cyclocross bikes are incredibly versatile, strong with narrow tires to give you less rolling resistance and higher top speed and roll through mud and sand easily.
Participating in cyclocross racing requires skill and speed. Most experienced riders know how to use certain bad weather conditions and terrain to their advantage.
- Which one is my ideal bike?
An ideal bike is one that really meets all your task. It should always fit your budget range, your size and have features that are outstanding for you.
makes your bike a great way of enjoying rides as you will have no strain on your back and legs. Getting an ideal bike will make your biking experience unique.
- Where can I purchase a bike?
Bicycles are available all over. They can be purchased from the brands official website, online stores and regular stores or supermarkets. Depending on what you need, you sure you will get the best. There are many brands and models to choose from too.
Considering buying from online shops may be tricky. This is because, you may not get one that fits you well. You should consider trying out the bike to know what it will offer you in terms of comfort and speed.